Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Party Poms

I love the look of tissue paper poms. I think they are so festive and look prettier than balloons. I am featuring 2 Etsy stores that specialize in these poms, and each has a unique look to them. These poms were so easy to fluff, and I even managed to reuse them for a second party. You can take the time to flatten them, but I just put them all into a box and re-fluffed for the party! All poms came on monofilament, giving the poms a nice "floating" look when hung up. 


The first store is Perfect Poms, and I received 3 different sizes in turquoise, citrus green, and hot pink. These poms had more of a star look to them because of the way they were cut. These would look beautiful for any occasion, but especially for a night-time or outdoor party since they look so whimsical. I really like how the large turquoise one looked under our banner, since it looked like a light fixture/chandelier. I also like the designs pictured below on the right. The gray color of the first pom is so pretty and the shape is quite unique, and the tri-color centerpiece pom is totally original - I haven't come across another store making them yet! I could see these used anywhere from a tea party to a formal reception. Make sure to check out Perfect Poms' on Etsy, and like their Facebook page too!


A little info about Perfect Poms' creator, Nelia:
     "I find the whole creation process very rewarding. I enjoy seeing a space transform into something beautiful just by adding bright and colorful poms. I get most of my inspiration and creative ideas from my mom. She is a very talented woman (former florist) with a great eye for design and color!"






The second store is called DecoPOMS. I received a party package to review, which included 2 large, 2 medium, and 2 sets of garlands. These poms are cut with rounded ends, giving them a very romantic and floral look. They are so lush that I felt like I was in a garden surrounded by these poms! The garlands can be hung horizontally for a pretty canopy look (look at the picture on the right below!) but I hung them vertically to look like floating topiaries....so sweet. These would be perfect decorations for a shower or wedding!





A little info from DecoPOMS' creator, Aidreen:
     "DecoPOMS are party poms made from 100% recycled fibers. These "floating puffs" can be added to any room indoors or hung from trees outdoors to add that "WOW!" to any gathering. With over 50+ colors from which to choose, DecoPOMS can be customized to add color, fun and pizzazz to your next birthday party, shower, office party, reunion, prom, wedding or sports event."

Aidreen is offering 1 free large pom to any first time customer who likes DecoPOMs' facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment