Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Party Outfit

So what's the first thing you need when planning a party? A party outfit! 

I found the cutest little onesie, but needed a skirt and hat to match. The colors on the onesie determined what I would need, and Becky and Emily from TutuJunkies were so accommodating. The tutu came with an elastic band, so she'll be able to use it for dress up long after the party and the tulle pieces were tied on using slip-knots, which take much longer to do than regular knots but result in a much neater and more professional appearance. The tulle used was not scratchy at all, which was my concern getting a tutu, and my daughter kept it even after the party was over. I had to "comb" it afterwards using my fingers since her knees tangled the strands up a bit from her crawling, but that was easy to do. 

Here is a little info about TutuJunkies and a few other designs:

     "Tutu Junkies is a fun little shop that me and my sister just recently opened up after spending so much on tutus for my little girl who is 9 months old! We decided to make adorable tutus for an affordable price :) Also, i have been hoping to get into photography and thought it would be nice to have tutus for photo props!"


Next? A hat! Lissy's shop, Shoplissy, is full of adorable party hats and sewn items such as bibs, aprons, and wristlets. Her party hats come in such adorable combinations of color that it was hard for me to choose one! Luckily, Lissy was sweet enough to combine a few to make the perfect matching hat:
                

Here is a little info about Shoplissy and a few other designs:


     "For as long as I can remember, I have loved fabric and ribbon.... and putting the unexpected together. Combine this with my love of parties, accessories, and all things baby... and shoplissy was born. 
     I am a stay at home mom of a little boy and a baby girl, and I love to keep myself busy creating new things when I'm not chasing them around. Thanks for checking out my shop! I hope you love what you see."

Make sure to check both of these Etsy shops out to find the perfect outfit for your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment